The compliance officer leads the compliance function within our company and reports directly to the Head of Compliance. The compliance officer is responsible for an integer company policy and controls the internal and external compliance risks. The compliance officer advises on the implementation of laws and regulations in policies and procedures and supervises that the team acts accordingly. Furthermore the compliance officer leads the compliance meetings wherein the team is updated on the latest compliance developments.
Main tasks Compliance officer:
- The development and implementation of the compliance policy of ETM.
- Translation of the policy to operational procedures and measurements.
- Development of a risk management program (together with Head of Compliance).
- Signals and advises on measurements by new laws and legislations
- Advises on reputational and integrity risks and consequences from external laws and regulations on the organization.
- Facilitates the first line as business enabler without losing its independent and critical look.
- Implementing new rules and regulations in the Manual of ETM;
- Review and advice on compliance files;
- Arranges compliance meetings in order to keep the team informed on latest developments in compliance meetings.
- Contact person for supervisor (Dutch Central Bank).
- General advisor of management and team of ETM on compliance issues.
- Central point of contact in the organization for privacy matters;
- Responsible for maintenance of the processing register;
- Responsible for handling, assessing and if necessary reporting of personal data breach incidents to the supervisory authority (AP):
- Maintaining the data breach register;
- Handle questions and complains of data subjects (internal/externa) in relation to processing of their personal data by ETM.
• Graduated relevant study (academic/HBO).
• Minimal 5 years of relevant working experience as compliance professional in the financial sector.
• Has a relevant degree for compliance professional (approved by HQ).
• Is familiar with the working processes and transaction (incl. risks) of a trust company.
• Experience with trust regulations and anti-money laundering regulations (incl. Wtt, RIB Wtt 2014, Wwft, Sanctiewet 1977)
• Is able to identify integrity risks based on FATF lists and CPI indication.
• Is able to write policies, procedures and measurements.
• A track record in managing compliance projects.
• Willing and able to work in a global, multicultural environment.
• Accurate with an affinity for legal documents;
• Excellent written and verbal skills in Dutch and English.
• Excellent people skills and team player;
• No “nine to five” mentality;
• Ability to set priorities, work with deadlines and be flexible;
• Responsible and proactive attitude.
What we offer:
• A challenging and diverse job;
• A compatible salary;
• Pension plan;
• A growing company with an informal, open, international and dynamic team;
If you are interested in this position, please send your curriculum vitae and covering letter (in English) outlining your interest to email@example.com to the attention of: Ms. J. Nurden.